Most people don’t plan to fail, they simply fail to plan
As you may have discover in last week’s post … I’m not a huge fan of resolutions I’m all about making plans.
A plan gives you the focus required to get shit done.
A plan forces you to take the time to write out and think about what it is that you actually want. There’s an unspoken magic that takes place when you write things down.
A plan will give you a roadmap to help you get to where you want to go faster.
A plan is important and the missing key to the success of many who fail to create one.
If you are ready to plan your best year yet here are seven steps that can help. I also provide you with a link where you can download a FREE Plan Your Best Year Yet Template
1. Get crystal clear about what it is that you want and more importantly exactly how you want to feel this time next year.
2. Get a pen and paper and write everything down. I know this is been said many times before but there are people that still do not the time to write down the things that are important to them. Oprah once said if you have a life worth living you have a life worth writing about. Pen and Paper although seemingly simple are so profound when used correctly.
3. Once you figure what it is you want, assign a completion date to each thing. Don’t let the idea of setting a deadline scare you, it’s really just a guess-timate and if you don’t reach your goal exactly when you planned I guarantee it will be very close to the scheduled guideline maybe even earlier, you may surprise yourself.
4. Once you’ve brainstormed and got some big goals written down, break those bigger goals down into smaller actionable steps
5. Now that you have your bigger goals and associated smaller actionable goals it’s time for you to create a plan. A plan is really just a master list of all your goals and action items that is organized and prioritized in terms of importance.
6. Once you figure out what will go first the next thing for you to do is take action. TAKE ACTION Do Something …
7. Last but not least remain consistent, never let more than two days go by without you working on your plan .
You got this … you have everything you need to make this your best year yet.
Need help creating a plan for 2016? I’ve got exactly what you need. Download my FREE Plan Your Best Year Yet Workbook (right here).
Need someone to work through figuring out your why or another one of these steps? Reach out to me, I’d love to share how I can help.